5 Best Meat Grinder Reviews For Home Use & Buying Guide 2017
If you are a hunter or sausage lover, you may have considered getting a best meat grinder in order to make your own sausage. It can be a great way to use all the meat you have and you don’t have to worry about the processed sausage you buy in the grocery store, which is often laden with chemicals and preservatives. Instead, you will know exactly which ingredients are going into your sausage.
If you feel that you would use a meat grinder, even if you don’t use it often, it is worth purchasing because they save a lot of time and effort. Additionally, they are relatively inexpensive, and they aren’t difficult to use. Furthermore, they don’t take up a lot of space and can do a lot of helpful work for you.
Let’s Check Price Top 5 Best Meat Grinder for the money.
STX INTERNATIONAL STX-3000-TF Turboforce (Electric)
What to Look for When Buying a Meat Grinder
There are a number of factors that you should consider when you are buying a meat grinder. This will ensure that you get the best machine in your home that will help you in grinding quality meat in just a short while. Some of the key factors to look out for in include:
1. Operation: You should establish is the grinder is electric and manual before making a decision to buy. In most cases, the electric grinder are more versatile and quite pricey than manual ones.
2. Grade of Grinder: You should be very clear on the grade of the grinder to buy, which will be advised by the needs you have. You should define if you need a domestic or a commercial grade grinder.
3. Size of Head: There are variable head sizes for the meat grinders. This will range from number 5 to number 42. Most kitchen grinders will be number 5 and number 8, in terms of the head size.
4. Horsepower: The horsepower will determine how much power the machine will be able to grind. The commercial grade grinders will require a minimum horsepower of 0.5HP.
5. Attachments and Accessories: Look at the various features that your meat grinder will have so as to ensure it suits your needs in the best way possible. Look at the blades, stuffing capabilities and so much more.
A quick reviews of the Top 5 Best Meat Grinders 2017
This is an attachment that is meant to be placed on a KitchenAid stand mixer so that you can grind meat and do other tasks. It is made of strong plastic, which makes it easy to wash.
Some parts of it are even dishwasher safe. The product comes with 2 different grinding plates, so that you can do a course grind or fine grind, depending on what kind of sausage you are making. Besides that, it can also help you make bread crumbs, grate cheese, or to simply make ground meat.
The item itself is very easy to put onto the mixer, and you can take it off just as easily. KitchenAid mixers come with sturdy bowls as well, and this gadget allows you to still use the bowl that came with it, so there is no mess involved. On the other hand, everyone doesn’t have a KitchenAid mixer, so they can’t simply purchase this product. This brand of mixer is rather expensive because they are so high quality. If you need something a little cheaper, this is not the correct grinder for you. However, if you do have a KitchenAid mixer, you already know that it has a powerful motor, so look into purchasing this attachment for it, especially if you think you will use it at some point.
This cool gadget does more than just grind meat. It is actually a 3-in-1 product, which means it is a meat grinder, vegetable grinder, and sausage stuffer. This means it is perfect for many different jobs.
The reason why it can do all these things is because it isn’t electric. You simply use the hand crank to do all the work. The item also comes with 2 screens, which are stainless steel, as well as all the other parts you need to get everything done. This one is also easy to clean, as it can go right in the dishwasher, and can sit right on the countertop.
There is a suction cup on the bottom, so it stays in place when you’re using it. It is perfect for making baby food, creating your own pasta, grinding meat, stuffing sausages and much more. It can also mince vegetables for recipes. It doesn’t take up much space and you can get a lot accomplished.
People that have used the product say that it is easy to use, and works exactly like it’s supposed to. It doesn’t work well for big jobs, but for a beginner, it will do exactly what you need it to do. It is a small device, so it wouldn’t be appropriate if you are a hunter that needs to get a lot accomplished at once. However, for someone learning how to grind their own meat and wants to start small, this little device could save you time and money.
You can make any type of sausage you want or just use it to grind meat to make something like hamburgers or meatballs. There is even an accessory to use if you want to make stuffed meat. It is also around the same price as the KitchenAid attachment, so it’s a great deal for people that don’t have a pricey mixer.
This standalone meat grinder has a powerful 1400 watt motor so that it can grind different types of meat effectively. There are 3 grinding plates, which allow you to choose from course, medium, and fine to suit your tastes. There is also a reverse button in case you ever run into a problem with the meat, where it won’t go through.
The device itself has a white plastic base and the rest of the item is made of stainless steel and aluminum. The parts that are used to grind the meat and send it through are all stainless steel, so you can clean them well with a little soap and water when you are done. Moreover, the machine comes apart easily when you are finished with it, so you can clean it thoroughly and store it when you aren’t using it. It doesn’t take up much space on the counter, and you can also simply put it in your pantry with the attachments, so everything will be in the same place when you need to use it again.
Using the product is simple as well, as it works right out of the box. You can make any type of sausage you want or just use it to grind meat to make something like hamburgers or meatballs. There is even an accessory to use if you want to make stuffed meat. It is also around the same price as the KitchenAid attachment, so it’s a great deal for people that don’t have a pricey mixer.
This item is far more powerful than the Della model because it has a 2000 watt motor that is also 2.6 horsepower. That means it can get through a lot of meat grinding without having a problem. This device has it all. There is a white plastic and metal base, which has a special compartment to keep all the attachments that come with it in. You can even stuff the cord away, so you will be able to wipe the whole thing down, even the base. It also comes with 3 grading blades, as well as accessories for making sausage and stuffed meats.
The rest of the machine is stainless steel, so it is easy to clean and take care off. All you will need is a separate bowl or container for the meat to go into after it is ground or placed in a casing. There are buttons on the machine for turning it on, reversing, and stopping it. The product is rather loud, but that is because it can grind even sinewy parts of meats like deer and chicken, and even some small bones if you were making dog food or something for a pet. It doesn’t have any problems and won’t clog up, so you can use it to grind many pounds at a time.
This item looks quite fancy, especially compared to the Shield Distribution grinder. It has the same buttons as that model, but on this machine they are recessed, so you don’t have to worry about your fingers slipping and hitting the wrong button. This powerful device comes with a motor that puts out at least 800 watts of power and can be utilized on high, low, or reverse speeds. There are 3 grinding plates, so you can choose from coarse, medium, or fine and it has a 1 year warranty.
Again, the grinding parts are all stainless steel and heavy-duty cast aluminum so they can withstand the challenges you present to this item. This also makes it easy to wash up with your aren’t using it, and you know it will last quite a while. The plates and blades are especially strong, and durable, so they’ll also last for the long haul.
Unlike other grinders, this one comes with three different sizes of stuffing tubes, so you don’t have to worry about buying anything extra to make sausages, except for your choice of casings. It can also handle small chicken bones, but to be safe, you should stick to meat that doesn’t have bones in it. This will prolong the life of your machine.
You may still be wondering if you need a meat grinder or if it is silly to buy one when you can just get your meat at a grocery store or butcher shop. The truth is, there are actually a lot of reasons why someone would want to purchase their own grinder. Here are a few.
Things to Consider
- You’re a hunter. A meat grinder is a great thing for a hunter to have. When you’re breaking down the animals you’ve hunted, you won’t have to worry about what to do with the meat. You can grind it up to make sausage, ground meat, or whatever else you want. This is a lot more convenient than just having to have roasts and steaks. Besides that, these machines are highly portable and can be used any time of year. They also work rather quickly and many models are easy to clean.
- You’re concerned about preservatives and chemicals. Nowadays you can’t be too careful about what you’re putting into your body. While some people are vegetarian or vegan, there are also many people that love meat. This doesn’t mean you have to eat questionable meat. If you feel more comfortable knowing exactly what is in your sausages or hamburger patties, the best thing to do is make them for yourself. Instead of buying the prepackaged varieties, you can choose the meat you want from the butcher counter and then take it home and grind it yourself. You’ll be rewarded with the fresh flavor, and you can be comforted in the fact that you know exactly what’s in the meat you prepared for your family.
- You like to cook. Many people that enjoy cooking as a hobby or are chefs would benefit from having a meat grinder. Then they are able to make all the recipes they want on the fly and they don’t have to worry about any limiting factors. This also offers a chance to make things interesting by creating your own mixtures. Perhaps you want to make a half bison and half beef burger. Being able to grind your own meat and mix them together makes this task a lot more interesting and fun.
- You love gadgets. If you love all types of gadgets, this is one you should look into. Not only does it not take up much space, but it’ll be around when you need it. If you get a hankering for sausages, simply take it out and make your own. On the flip side, you can also make different salsas or sauces with it if you are trying to get creative. It is the type of gadget you can play around with a little bit, to push the limits and see what it can do.
You may also want to consider how often you’ll use it, when trying to determine how much you should spend. If you plan on using it quite often, a couple hundred dollars is not really much money to worry about. Meat grinders are efficient and they are able to do more than you think.
On the flip side, if you don’t think you will use it often, but would like to have it in case you want to use it, they are still affordable enough to justify purchasing. It can help you make your own burgers, meatballs, and many more things.
If you plan on using it a lot during a certain season, perhaps deer hunting season or something like that, you can really save yourself a lot of time and money if you purchase a meat grinder right away. They are able to grind meat quickly and efficiently, even if you use it as a workhorse for a few weeks out of the year and leave it alone the rest of the time.
Since you have made the decision that you really want to get your own meat grinder for home use, the one that you should pay the closest attention to is the KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder Attachment for Stand Mixers. With me, it is one of the best electric meat grinder on the market and I recommend for you.
The low price tag definitely shouldn’t deter you away from this product as many people love this grinder and have been using it for years. Do yourself a favor and check it out for yourself. The longer you wait, the longer you are missing out on freshly ground meat and handmade sausages. Even if you think it will be too hard to use, that is not the case. There is no learning curve because anyone can use these machines. Make sure you get one as soon as possible so you can see what the fuss is about.